SR-71 Video Archive
There are Ten Videos of the Blackbirds on this page.
MPEG & AVI Movies:
1. Blackbird Tribute MPEG Movie; 100.5 MB Length is 8 minutes. Aerial Footage dedicated to those that designed, flew and maintained the SR-71. This movie was updated with new footage and a sharper video picture on April 24, 2004. Go here to order: http://www.sr71.com/PayPal_Order.htm
2. SR-71 Takeoff, Touch & Go, Landing: Added a new MPEG movie to the Video Archives (Aug 29, 2003). File updated July 2004 with new footage and a sharper video image. MPEG Movie 61MB File size. Length is 4 Min & 51 Sec. Go here to order: http://www.sr71.com/PayPal_Order.htm
3. MD21 Mach 3 Crash: Video shows the D21 drone crashing into the fuselage of the Blackbird at Mach 3. This is rare Lockheed footage shot by Keith Beswick (FSO) with a hand held camera flying in close proximity to the MD21. URL: http://www.sr71.com/MD21_accident.mpg
4. SR-71 Functional Check Flight in December of 1989 at Kadena AB, Okinawa. (Special Order): This video was shot and narrated by Russ Maheras, Electronic Counter Measures technician. Video contains TV Island 8 news of the FCF with crew suit up, Taxi and flyby demonstration. This video is incorporated into the video listed below of the Last Flight from Det 1, Kadena in January of 1990. Available on DVD special order due to length of video. Go Here to Order: http://www.sr71.com/PayPal_Order.htm
5. The Last SR-71 Flight from Det 1, Kadena AB, Okinawa. (Special Order): The video was shot and narrated by Russ Maheras, ECM, 9th SRW. This is the actual Preflight and 5AM launch on 21 January 1990 of SR-71 #962. Contains Maintenance Ground Crew preflight's; Buddy Crew setting up the cockpits; crew boarding, engine start, taxi and takeoff. Available on DVD special order due to length of video. Go Here to Order: http://www.sr71.com/PayPal_Order.htm
6. SR-71 Flyover MPEG Movie, 1.9 MB. Courtesy of NASA's Dryden Flight Research Center.
7. YF-12 Takeoff MPEG Movie, 3.1 MB. Courtesy of NASA's Dryden Flight Research Center.
8. Welcome Back Blackbird AVI Movie; 6 MB Courtesy Lockheed Martin Corporation.
For those without DSL or Cable Modem:
You can order the Blackbird Video's on DVD
Here is what each DVD video contains:
DVD #1: Blackbird Tribute; Takeoff, Touch and Go, Landing; YF12; MD-21 Mid-Air Crash; NASA SR-71 Air Refueling; SR-71 FCF Flight at Kadena AB, Okinawa; Last SR-71 Flight from Kadena AB, Okinawa. Total movie length is 60 minutes. Seven total videos of the Blackbird on one DVD disk
DVD #2: SR-71 Retirement Ceremony. Contains a superb video shot by USAF photographers with takeoff, flyby and landing prior to it's final retirement at Beale AFB in California. Movie length is 28 minutes.
Two Ways to order:
1. Use Secure Ordering by PayPal which honors all major credit cards at this URL:
2. Print out the screensaver/DVD order form and mail it to me with the correct funds:
All Funds go to support and promote the web site you are now visiting
Windows Media Videos:
The following Files is in a windows streaming media format.
You will need Windows Media Player which is loaded on almost all current
computers to play the files. The normal download is to just left click on the
file, however if that does not work for your computer there is alternate
download instructions below. If you do not have Windows Media Player installed on your computer, you can download it for
free at this Microsoft web site:
Netscape users can install the Media Player plugin from the above location also.
For Netscape Communicator: Right click on the link below and "Save Link As"; save file to your
computer. Remember where you place the file. After download, locate the file and double click to
play it in Windows Media Player.
For Microsoft Internet Explorer: Right click the file below and "Save target file" to your computer. Remember where you place the file. After download, locate file and double click to play in Windows Media Player.
SR-71 Windows Media Videos:
8. NASA SR-71B Refueling A Windows Media Video (.WMV): 2,752KB. Length is 3:42 minutes. A film shot by Stephen F. Dawson III from the KC-135Q refueling aircraft. A short download for most computers.
9. The Record Breakers: Part 1 A Windows Media Video (.WMV): 4,440KB. Length is 5:55 minutes. A Lockheed Martin produced film edited for the New York to London speed record in 1974.
10. The Record Breakers: Part 2 A Windows Media Video (.WMV): 2,742KB. Length is 3:39 minutes. A Lockheed Martin produced film edited for the London to Los Angeles speed record in 1974.
11. "The Incredible Blackbirds are Operational": Movie added February, 2005. This 14 minute film was shot by the U.S. Air Force in 1968 when the SR-71 became operational at Kadena AB, Okinawa (Det 1). The movie file is 37MB and is in a streaming Windows Movie Video (wmv) format. You need Microsoft Widows Media Player to download and view the movie. This movie is also available for purchase on the DVD Paypal order page. To download and view the movie, click the link: http://www.sr71.com/BB_Operational.wmv
|SR-71 Front Page||Links Page||Index Page||Recollections||2001 Reunion|
|"SR-71 Blackbirds" Web Site Navigator|
|First Created: April 15, 1996 - Last Revised: February 13, 2005|
|Copyright © 1996 Leland R. Haynes Email: email@example.com|
Page #6 of the SR-71 Blackbirds